Monday 6 August 2018

BACK AGAIN and it is warmer!

an Italian meal for Paola's core group
After a fascinating visit to Dar es Salaam I am back to Lusaka to undertake 2 training blocks for the RMHNs from Chainama College. The plan is to use this opportunity for 3 more ZTrainers to complete their certification. At Muhumbili
in Dar I was lucky enough to be hosted by Paola Luzzatto and her husband Lucio who are based there at the moment. Paola is a very experienced art therapist and it was fascinating to be allowed to see her training programme there in Open Studio Practice.

I was able to present our work and to run a couple of workshops. There is a lot of really interesting work going on. I did mange a weekend on the wonderful Zanzibar and then to complete the trip came back on the Tazara train. An amazing journey but unfortunately this time instead of 2 days it took 3! Meaning I had to rapidly appeal to my colleagues here to do some timetable shifting! Today is a holiday so I am just gearing myself up for the next few weeks.

Back home my colleagues have been meeting to feedback from the July trip, to catch up on where the Capacity Building programme has got to and to coordinate the plans for the next stage. A lot of work has been done with the help of our Alliance Mentor to develop our Strategic plan and clarify our roles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment